Servings: 8 to 10
1 cup sugar to caramelize the mold
3 cups sugar for Syrup
1½ cups water
18 egg yolks
1½ teaspoons vanilla
• Caramelize an 8-cup mold with the first cup of
sugar and set aside.
• Preheat the oven to 375°.
• Place water and sugar in a
saucepan and bring to a boil, to make the SYRUP- ALMIBAR recipe
• Carefully separate the egg yolks. Avoid letting egg white into the mixture. In a
clean bowl start mixing the egg yolks and add 2 tablespoons of syrup for each yolk. Mix thoroughly,
adding the vanilla at the end.
• Pour into the prepared mold and cover with aluminum foil. Place the mold in a large
pan and pour water to reach half way up the sides of the mold. Bake for i hour and 10 minutes. It should
have become thick and have started to separate from the sides. Let cool and then refrigerate until the
next day before unmolding.